Thursday, May 21, 2015

Happiness: A Business Theme Song

I've been reading business articles and books lately, trying to figure out if I'm making the right moves and what is the next move. I definitely don't have all the answers and I'm still as confused as ever, but I think trying to learn more is always a step in the right direction.

Recently I was reading an article (not sure which at this point) that asked about inspiration. What is my work inspired by? Of course all sorts of answers came to my complex little mind...coffee, cute stuff, adventure?? What inspired me as an art student in college? That one was easy, music. Almost every piece I made in college was inspired by music, Nirvana, Silverchair, Smashing Pumpkins...I can recall all the pieces I made inspired by these bands and more. I sort of had a running theme through college, but what was my theme now? What was Scrawny Girl's theme song?

I've been thinking about this for a few days. I wanted a song that inspired me and represented me and my work. How could one song encompass all that? Then I decided I was thinking too hard and needed to relax and just let the song come to me...and it did. This song was the embodiment of all sorts of themes in my art and life: happiness, cute, crazy, colorful, quirky, and just plain fun and catchy.


Happiness by Red Velvet

I figure my little business will go though many seasons of theme songs as it grows and I'm inspired by different things. I plan to collect them and make a playlist that I can always come back to for inspiration and motivation. That it will remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing and to keep going through the tough times.

What is your business' theme song? or your own personal theme song? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment