Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Yesterday I got an email from Spoonflower saying all my wizard designs have been removed by request from Warner Brothers. I knew it would be coming eventually since my wizard designs are fan art and I don't own Harry Potter. I was still gutted.
I've already received emails from people asking me to put back up the designs, but obviously I can't do that. I also don't want to be sued by Warner Brothers because of some cute fan art I initially made for myself.
Truthfully, I've been leaning towards fazing out my fan art. I have kept it up as long as possible because it was supporting my business while I have been trying to work on new products. I am hoping to find a way to make fan art in a way that isn't infringing on any copyrights (is that even possible?).
If you want to more information just google 'fan art and copyright infringement'.
I do still have a few wizard products that I will be selling on my own website, but I will not be remaking them in the future. I will probably be removing my wizard design from Society 6 as well.
I still have some cute fabrics available on Spoonflower and I have plans to make new designs (although I'm rethinking if I should even bother with the Studio Ghibli one I was working on T_T).
Thank you to everyone for the support and love of this design! xo
Friday, May 5, 2017
I'm pretty proud of myself for actually keeping up with my 100 day project and working on other sketches. I haven't really posted much, except glimpses in my sketchbook on Instagram stories.
This week I thought it would be fun to draw what I was wearing, but only managed one day. Things have been pretty busy around here.
I'm not sure if I would actually leave the house in this outfit, but it is something I wear around the house. I've always been really
I am going to try and do more of these quick outfit of the day drawings in the future and hopefully share some more of my cute food sketches.
Have a great weekend!
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
I've seen several May Goal posts floating around, maybe it's because I've been on Twitter more, but I decided to try and hold myself accountable by posting my goals. I made a few goals for myself last month that I actually completed. Woot!
1. Get wooden heart ornaments painted. This is on my to do list every week....
2. Design 2 new fabrics. I'm currently trying to focus on a Ghibli + possible Star Wars design.
3. Continue 100 Day Project. I am still working on this drawing challenge! I haven't really posted much of my work, but I'm still trying. Some weeks I end up playing catch up by doing several days at once, but hopefully I'll get better.
4. Make more vegetarian/vegan meals. One of my New Years resolutions was to eat more vegetables. I bought a new cookbook (Isa Does It) and plan to make all the yummy things! I already have 4 recipes planned for this week.
5. Continue blogging once a week. I'm not a hard core blogger, but I think it helps as an artist/small business person to keep people informed...so I'm working on it. :)
6. Finish putting together my pixel afghan. This thing is a monster and I keep putting it off because I hate the sewing part. I also want to finish so I can start a new crochet project.
7. Organize art closet. It's like Tetris in there and I can't find anything.
That seems like a lot to work on...I've definitely been more motivated since I started going to these exercise classes 3 days a week (yay endorphins!) Getting out of the house has been a big thing for me this year! I've even gone to a few geek girl events. Sadly, I haven't been able to attend any Sketch Club meetings because we've been out of town a lot this year.
What are your goals for May? xo