Wednesday, May 17, 2017

HQ Wizard Fabrics Removed


Yesterday I got an email from Spoonflower saying all my wizard designs have been removed by request from Warner Brothers. I knew it would be coming eventually since my wizard designs are fan art and I don't own Harry Potter. I was still gutted.

I've already received emails from people asking me to put back up the designs, but obviously I can't do that. I also don't want to be sued by Warner Brothers because of some cute fan art I initially made for myself.

Truthfully, I've been leaning towards fazing out my fan art. I have kept it up as long as possible because it was supporting my business while I have been trying to work on new products. I am hoping to find a way to make fan art in a way that isn't infringing on any copyrights (is that even possible?).

If you want to more information just google 'fan art and copyright infringement'.

I do still have a few wizard products that I will be selling on my own website, but I will not be remaking them in the future. I will probably be removing my wizard design from Society 6 as well.

I still have some cute fabrics available on Spoonflower and I have plans to make new designs (although I'm rethinking if I should even bother with the Studio Ghibli one I was working on T_T).

Thank you to everyone for the support and love of this design! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment