Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Studio Clean Out, Bundle Deals + the Future


I've been cleaning my "studio", which is really an extra bedroom in my house, because we've been painting the walls. I found a stash of cards + fabric and decided to do some bundle deals instead of just hoarding all this cute stuff. Next thing I know, I'm updating and motivated to work on new things.

If you are subscribed to my newsletter, you'll know I opened my shop yesterday. I sold out of my card bundle deals in a few hours! I was blown away by the response to reopening the shop, and it gave me all the feels.


I don't have  many products available right now, but you can find a few of my older favorite prints in the shop, a set of holiday postcards, a few single cards + fabric bundles.


Let's talk about fabric bundles! You may be wondering why? When I design fabric for Spoonflower, in order to make a pattern available for purchase I have to buy a sample. I prefer to buy a fat quarter to make sure the repeat pattern doesn't have any mistakes. But after that, they sit in my supply closet which seems like a waste. I've bundled them at a discount, because we all know how expensive fabric can be!


You may be wondering what's next for Hello Quirky? Truthfully, I'm still wondering that myself. I don't tend to keep my shop open long after Thanksgiving with the craziness of the holidays. I'm hoping to have some new stuff in the new year, but I will try to communicate all the fun things as they happen.

I'm currently working on a few paintings and our family Christmas card, which if I like it and can figure out the logistics of it, would like to do simple custom portraits in my style. It is one of the most requested things from you guys.

For the most part, I'm just trying to enjoy making art and doing it on my own terms. I read this great article on the Sticker Mule blog with Jeff from Ugmonk about running business/making art on his on terms and progressing slowly. His method and ideals really resonated with me. I am hoping that by ignoring all the "advice" out there, I will stop getting so burnt out.

What helps you avoid burn out? What products would you like to see in the future from Hello Quirky?

No comments:

Post a Comment