Monday, October 31, 2016

Ladies Sketch Club + Inktober

Happy Halloween! The day my kiddo has been waiting for has finally arrived! I couldn't sleep because I have "This is Halloween" from the Nightmare Before Christmas stuck in my head. We've watched it about 5 times a day this month.

One of my goals for October was to go to more social events (that are for me, not the kiddo). I finally worked up the courage and squeaked in a couple this past weekend. I went to the first meeting of the Lubbock Ladies Sketch Club. I was really nervous, but everyone was super nice.

The group plans to meet twice a month, and I can't wait for the next meeting. It was nice to meet other arty ladies and have some time to try and get caught up on Inktober.


Speaking of Inktober, I managed to get 17 out of 31 days done. I think that's the most I've ever completed of a drawing challenge, so I'm pretty proud of myself. So next year I'm confident I'll be able to complete the challenge.


Wednesday Addams

Jack O'Lantern

Scarecrow

Masked

Franskenstein

Bat

Ghost

Alien

Witch

I had fun working with colored pencils and have plans to paint a few of them for future prints. You can see the first half of my sketches here.

Did you participate in Inktober? What was your favorite prompt?

No comments:

Post a Comment