Monday, October 3, 2016

October Goals


October is one of my favorite months! The weather gets to that perfect temperature (cardigan weather), there are pumpkins everywhere, and of course Halloween!

My goals for this month are:

1. Get out of the house/go to social events. I was so stoked when fun geeky things started happening in my town.....but I always talk myself out of going. Since I became a stay at home mom, I'm super duper awkward around people. It's like I forgot how to interact with someone who isn't a toddler, and all I know how to talk about it my kid. 

There are so many fun things going on this month and I am going to talk myself into going! I already talked myself out of going to the Ladies Night at my local comic book store, but there are still plenty of events to hit up this month. Who knows, maybe I'll have fun and make some local arty friends.

2. Participate in Inktober. I've already started and I've been sharing my drawings on my Facebook + Instagram pages. I'll do a round up here once a week. I'm not following a particular prompt list, but later today or tomorrow I'll post this different lists I'm using for inspiration. 

3. Participate in the Bernat Mystery Stitch Along.  My yarn will be here tomorrow, but the 1st clue + videos are up today! I can't wait to crochet up an afghan not made of granny squares. I'll be posting more about this later too. 

This month for me is all about participating! I think being stuck at home (working on getting my car fixed soon!) has gotten me kinda of depressed and very anxious about actually leaving the house. So this is me kicking myself in the ass to get out and do the things I want to do. 

What are your goals for October? Are you participating in Inktober? 

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about being social. It's sort of uncomfortable to join a group of people who already know each other, but I forced myself and it wasn't so bad. Plus the idea of being a hermit is nice, but I need human interaction every-now-and-then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! I get super awkward and leave...so hopefully I'll do better this month, especially since there is only a week left >_<

      Delete