Tuesday, January 19, 2016

True

Even though I'm awful at looking back + reflecting through out the year on my One Little Word, I still like to pick one. Sometimes I look back at the end of the year, and turns out that word was perfect! Maybe it just helps to set the tone for the year by letting it unconsciously float around me.

I keep visiting the word honest(y), which led me to truth/true, in my morning pages. I have a little quote and affirmations notebook I look at often to keep me grounded and here are few that have stuck with me the past few weeks:

"My creativity always leads me to truth + love."

"Originality is the process of remaining true to ourselves."

and a huge part of my truth is this-" to know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive."-Robert Lewis Stevenson

I was also thinking of a song that might embody how I'm feeling and relate to my one word. For the past few weeks I keep listening to Perfectly Perfect by Elizabeth and the Catapult from her album Taller Children. I have a feeling that Taller Children will become my album for the year.

So this year is all about truth in life-true love, true connection, true living. Looking past the facade, and just being true to myself. This year I plan to keep an eye out for the little clues that the universe drops that I'm heading in the right direction.

Do you pick a One Little Word? What's your word this year?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful song & album! You picked a good word! I'm going with TRY, hoping it will help me stretch & grow & persevere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elizabeth and the Catapult! I think your word for the year is great. Mine is Focus, which at first I was afraid was a bit vague, but I've been embracing it and I think it's just the right fit for the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Focus is a great word! It's crazy how the right word seems to come to you! I hope you have a great year!

      Delete
  3. I'm so in love with that music video - thank you for sharing it!
    The word that came up for me for this year is "Magic".. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic is such an amazing word! I can't wait to see how it works for you this year!!

      Delete