Thursday, January 21, 2016

Creative Tools

For a while now I've been wanting to branch out past watercolors and try some new things. I don't get out as much to the craft stores to browse (thanks crazy toddler), but I do watch a lot of YouTube. Here are few new tools I would like to try out this year:

Prismacolor Col-Erase pencils


Hikkei Pocket Sign Pen-Extra Fine



Liquid Watercolors



 
Wacom Tablet

It's pretty much an epic wish list of art supplies. As an illustrator, I want to make sure I don't get stuck in a routine way of doing things. I think branching out and trying new ways of making art will help me grow as an artist.

Have you used any of these? What are your favorite creative tools?

4 comments:

  1. I really want to get those prismacolor pencils. I bought an adult coloring book and having the option to erase something I colored in that I didn't like give me life...

    but also defeats the purpose of coloring!

    I've been wanting to try watercoloring. I will watch Any Tangerine's YT vids and her watercolor writing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea for the coloring books! I got one for Christmas too, but I haven't decided what to use to color in it. I'll have to check out her videos!

      Delete
  2. I would love to foray back into digital art at some point! While I was in college, and for a few years after, I did lots of digital work, but then my computer died and I couldn't afford a new one and just went back to strictly traditional. I'm also super curious about the Col-Erase pencils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly I've never been into digital art, but I've seen some cute videos on how to color in your work with it and that might be a bit easier on my hands. I love your work! xo

      Delete