Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Puff Stitch Slouchy Beanie

Lately, I've been super into crocheting. I started my first project at the end of June that turned into an awesome Twilight Sparkle themed afghan at the request of my three year old daughter.


For my next project I wanted to tackle hats. I made a simple hat for my husband out of some yarn I've been hoarding from Fancy Tiger in Boulder, CO. He liked it, but I wanted something more slouchy for myself + to give to my friends this Christmas. I found this pattern from The Hook Nook through Ravelry.

Jessica from The Hook Nook had a simple YouTube video on how to do the puff stitch, and making the band was similar to the hat I had made using this pattern. I only had to restart once, because I made my band too big. Sadly, I ran out of the yarn I was using and it wasn't as slouchy as I would've liked it to be. It's still super cute and I'm excited to make more and tweak the pattern a bit. This was my first time attempting to read a pattern, but being able to get on YouTube and get a visual of the elements of the hat helped a ton!

 
You can find all the information on the yarn + hook size I used on my Ravelry. The color of this yarn is  Painted Canyon. I couldn't find it through the Hobby Lobby website to input into my project on Ravelry, but it's beautiful. My only regret is not buying more.



You can find this pattern in the Hook Nook's shop or if you're not into crocheting buy one pre-made from Jessica.

Are you on Ravelry? If so, let's be friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment