Friday, August 30, 2019

Project 333 Fall Edition

Disclaimer: I know this post isn't art related, but minimalism is something I read and think a lot about. We are in the process of moving into a minimalist way of life that works for our family. :)

I've been a little obsessed with capsule wardrobes for the past couple of years. I'm that person who has a closet bursting at the seams, but never has anything to wear. I fell into the trap of de-cluttering my closet, only to listen to all those minimalist fashion bloggers who said I needed to buy these things to have the perfect capsule wardrobe. Of course now I have a closet bursting at the seams with more things I don't wear. Seems silly.
I stumbled upon Project 333 and read the rules and decided this was something do-able for me. I don't have to buy anything. I don't even have to technically get rid of anything. This experiment will help me hone my style (which is all over the place right now), give me structure and a time limit. Essentially, I pick 33 items and wear those items for 3 months. You just pack away the rest of your closet. Easy.
I wanted to share my 33-ish items to keep myself accountable. I plan to start my Project 333 on September 1st. I use the Cladwell app to keep my closet organized, on my phone at least.





I technically have 34 items since one of the t-shirts I only wear on Fridays to my daughters homeschool co-op. I like bright colors and fun patterns, but I actually had more neutral colored things than I thought. I'm hoping I stick with this experiment and I will do another post in 3 months to tell you my findings.
PS I sell some of my new/gently worn items on Poshmark. I also try to buy things used on Poshmark too these days. So I won't be linking my items since many are old or used.
Are you into minimalism? Capsule wardrobes? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment