Monday, May 11, 2020

Hello Quirky Crochets

I learned how to crochet/knit in the early 2000's. I had just moved to Lubbock and going to Barnes & Noble was one of my favorite things to do. Now this was when my local B&N was a few doors down from Michael's, which made it easy to gather supplies. Now that B&N is a mattress store and I'd have to go to the mall to get my B&N fix....I just don't go anymore...sad, I know.

Moving on...


This was my first ever knitting book. I still have it and it may be falling apart a bit, but I learned so much. I also learned that knitting takes forever! Seriously I'm still knitting my oldest daughters baby blanket (that I started when I was pregnant) and she's 7 years old!

I had dreams of crocheting a granny square afghan...but I had no idea how to crochet. My husband actually sat down with this book


and taught himself, and then tried to teach me. It didn't take. Not until I jumped on YouTube around 2014 and the rest is history. Crochet is a lifesaver, it helps me decompress and make something at the same time.

You may be wondering why I'm waxing poetic about knitting and crochet, and that would be because I'm following my passion for crochet and will soon be offering crocheted goodies in my shop. That doesn't mean I won't be doing illustration work, I am still working on fabric patterns, but my shop will be textile focused.

I was worried about selling the items I've crocheted because I don't want to loose my love for something that means so much to me...but there's only so many things I can keep for myself and gift to friends and family. I hope that you will continue to follow along and support my art in all its many forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment