Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August Goals

 Seems like July flew by! August is here and I'm ready for fall! I decided to make a few business goals this month to help keep my focused + motivated:

1. Make preparations to re-open my shop. I don't think I will be opening this month, but I will be sending out a newsletter to announce the date. I'm already taking steps to get ready (like re-ordering business cards, and taking product photos.).
2. Blog. I am a super inconsistent blogger. It's not my main gig, and I would rather be making cute things....but I know blogging is an important part of running a small business. So if you have any post ideas you would like to see, let me know.
3. New Designs. I've been working on a portrait series, and even considering offering custom portraits (which is really scary). I'm working on the logistics + examples right now. I'm also working on more card designs. I haven't decided whether or not I will be carrying stickers, unless I outsource printing + cutting.
4. At least 2 new fabric designs for sale on Spoonflower. I've been focusing on making fabric designs using my old sticker designs. This takes time, from the pattern stage to buying a sample and making sure it's perfect. I've loved seeing all the things people make with my fabric!
5. Find a printer for prints. I've had a hard time finding a printer for prints. I use Moo for my greeting cards, but I can't seem to find a reasonable printing company for prints. Let me know if you know of a great company!

What are your goals for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment