Thursday, February 25, 2016

Arty Grandma Life


I made a joke on my Instagram about going back to living my 'arty grandma life' when I dyed my hair back pink. I've just been embracing it since I realized I was a hipster, but the uncool mom type...so retired hipster.

Most days you will find me in leggings or workout clothes, but I try to get dressed a couple days a week on the off chance it motivates me to actually get some work done. When I'm not attempting to motivate myself to work, I'm potty training the threenager + watching Korean drama's.

To get the arty grandma look/life:

  • Head to your local thrift store and purchase some overalls + an over-sized cardigan or two. 
  • Order some large thick framed glasses from Warby Parker.
  • Buy lots of novelty mugs (can also be found at the thrift store).
  • Stock up on fun printed socks from Happy Socks.
  • Dye your hair some wacky color that will have your neighbors staring at a rare sighting of you at the mail box.
  • Make sure to drink your big mug of coffee on your way to the mail box. 
  • Watch Korean Dramas until 2am.
  • Draw something everyday.
xo

6 comments:

  1. Ha, love it! I too live in workout clothes...they are just so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've definitely been gravitating towards the "arty grandma" aesthetic for a while now. Only with more leggings and less overalls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With tighter budgets these days, buying glasses online is very helpful. Some website like GlassesShop.com, Warbyparker are wonderful options for discount glasses.

    ReplyDelete