Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Small Business Reading Materials

I'm always trying to learn more and improve all aspects of my handmade business. I read countless online articles, which I share in my weekly newsletter (sign up here) and of course books + magazines. Here are a few that I'm currently reading (because I can't just read one at a time >_<):

#GIRLBOSS

I've heard mixed reviews about this book, but mostly on the positive side. I find it interesting to read other people's stories. I'm about half-way through right now.

Mollie Makes Social Media Issue

I've read through this magazine a few times already, and many pages are dog-eared. Social media is always changing and always a challenge. This magazine has some great tips for each platform, examples, and favorite accounts to give you a good starting ground.

The Handmade Entrepreneur
I saw this book on Instagram through EtsyUSA, it's an ebook that was only a few dollars. I haven't had a chance to read through it yet, but I've been soaking up any knowledge about Etsy since switching over to the platform (permanently).

The Right Brain Business Plan
I got this at the beginning of the year and read through it, but now I need to implement it. I have a hard time with all the "business" stuff because I would rather spend my time creating...but I'm working on it :)

What business books have you read and taken away useful information? I've read so many! I need to take some time to review the ones I've finished.

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get a copy of #GIRLBOSS. It's good to hear mostly positive things from people. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it and I like it. It was a nice quick motivational read.

      Delete
  2. I read Girlboss but not of the others, putting them on my library hold list! Thanks Shawna!

    ReplyDelete